September 12, 2018
TCS named a 'winner' in software product engineering services by HFS
Tata Consultancy Services’ Business 4.0™ framework, innovation and intellectual property cited as key strengths
London | Mumbai: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation, has been named a ‘winner’ in the HFS Blueprint Report for Software Product Engineering Services.1
TCS’s strengths highlighted in the report include its Business 4.0™ framework that leverages digital technologies and location-independent agile delivery to aid transformations, its strong innovation credentials in the software product engineering space and high number of patents.
“ISVs and internet companies are embracing emerging technologies like automation and artificial intelligence to gain competitive advantage and provide a superior customer experience and speed-to-market,” said Nagaraj Ijari, vice president and global head, hitech business unit, TCS. “This recognition is a reflection of our investments in innovation and customer-centric solutions and strong execution focus.”
TCS partners with leading software and technology providers with an end-to-end portfolio of services in product and platform engineering, next-generation product engineering, product integration and legacy product portfolio management. TCS’s investments in research and innovation labs, domain and solution labs (in collaboration with customers and partners), and its Co-innovation Network (COIN™) have resulted in innovative solutions that use AI, machine learning, cloud, and analytics and insights to transform customers’ product portfolios.
Some of its product engineering services are:
- Engineering environment as a service – A cloud-based framework that enables on-demand anytime-anywhere development and test environment. It helps in improving the utilisation of infrastructure resources through centralised management of globally distributed R&D infrastructure and reducing the total cost of ownership. It also helps product engineering teams to increase adoption of Agile and DevOps models, and reduce time-to-market.
- Microservices development and deployment platform – Provides a set of common base services to expedite the development and deployment of microservices, thereby significantly accelerating time-to-market.
- AI-based radio network optimisation – Leverages machine learning techniques to predict potential bottlenecks in network performance and suggests potential solutions to help network equipment providers maximise network efficiency.
- TCS Mastercraft™ – A scalable Agile and DevOps platform to plan, execute, automate and govern demand-to-deploy processes, and build and ship software changes faster to the market through automation and orchestration of software delivery processes and continuous customer feedback.
- ignio™ – A market-leading cognitive automation platform that uses its pre-built body of knowledge and contextual awareness to diagnose and fix IT operational issues autonomously.
“TCS has established itself as a strong software product engineering service provider with an innovation mindset backed by one of the highest number of patents among the service providers evaluated in this Blueprint and strong customer references. This is helping it pursue its vision of becoming the partner of choice for all existing and new product initiatives,” said Pareekh Jain, senior vice president and managing director, India, HFS.
“Leveraging our Business 4.0 framework, contextual knowledge of the customer's business, and investments in innovation and intellectual property, we provide differentiated and futuristic software product engineering services. We collaborate with our customers to build a solid digital foundation to accelerate innovation, enhance agility, support new business models and launch products that are cognitive, autonomous, programmable and scalable,” said V Rajanna, senior vice president and global head, technology business unit, TCS.
1 HFS Blueprint Report for Software Product Engineering Services, HFS Research, August 2018