April 27, 2017
Rising to the occasion: Special Vehicle Operations creates bespoke Range Rover for Anthony Joshua MBE
- Anthony Joshua MBE takes delivery of bespoke Range Rover ahead of World Boxing Association Super Title bout versus Wladimir Klitschko on April 29, 2017
- Bespoke Range Rover SVAutobiography-Dynamic features a range of enhancements by Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO), including unique world champion graphite paint finish
- SVO design pack for Range Rover makes debut ahead of its official launch on Mr Joshua’s bespoke vehicle
- New film captures moment Anthony Joshua receive bespoke Range Rover from David Fairbairn, SVO, head, special projects: https://youtu.be/lGgZtOevfM4
Whitley, UK: IBF heavyweight world champion, Anthony Joshua MBE, has begun the most significant week of his professional career to date by taking delivery of a bespoke version of the high-performance Range Rover SVAutobiography-Dynamic.
Mr Joshua commissioned the bespoke Range Rover earlier this year when he visited the SVO technical centre in Warwickshire, where he worked with Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) designers and technical specialists to curate various interior and exterior features, including a bespoke premium paint finish, which SVO has dedicated to its client and named it world champion graphite.
Mr Joshua is preparing to meet WBA World Heavyweight Champion, Wladimir Klitschko, to contend boxing’s super title at Wembley Stadium on April 29, 2017, Saturday.
Mr Joshua said, “I am preparing meticulously for Wembley on April 29th, no stone has been left unturned and I will enter the ring ready for a battle”.
“I spend a lot of time on the road travelling to Sheffield during my training camps, so I am incredibly grateful to Land Rover and the SVO team for their assistance.”
“The Range Rover SVAutobiography-Dynamic is the pinnacle of luxury and performance and it has been a pleasure to partner with the SVO team to create a version unique to my tastes.
I had a fantastic experience in specifying this Range Rover, and the level of design detail in the finished vehicle is stunning, from the boxing glove emblems in the door handles to the custom storage unit for my training equipment.”
The bespoke by SVO Range Rover for Mr Joshua is hand-finished at the SVO technical centre near Coventry. Based on a Range Rover SVAutobiography-Dynamic – the most dynamically capable full-size Range Rover ever produced – this commission by Mr Joshua showcases the bespoke capabilities of SVO.
The boxer’s bespoke Range Rover is also the first in the world to feature the new SVO design pack, which introduces a range of highly desirable and distinctive exterior enhancements to complement Range Rover’s peerless combination of outstanding British design and advanced engineering. It provides even greater scope for customers to personalise their vehicle and includes a number of distinct exterior changes, including unique front and rear bumpers – the latter incorporating integrated quad tailpipes – new side vents, side sills and a bespoke grille. The SVO design pack will be officially launched worldwide in May.
Bespoke finishes co-created by Mr Joshua and SVO include:
- Bespoke exterior colour named world champion graphite, unique to this vehicle
- Bespoke diamond-quilted leather interior, finished in ebony and pimiento red and featuring Mr Joshua’s signature embroidered on the driver’s headrest
- A bespoke sports equipment storage unit in the boot for training equipment, finished in black with red stitching with an AJ Boxing debossed logo
- A chrome B-pillar badge featuring Mr Joshua’s signature
- Door handles with unique boxing glove pattern surrounds
- Engraved Anthony Joshua signature aluminium letter box finishers on door cards
- Bespoke Anthony Joshua-inscribed tread plates
David Fairbairn, JLR SVO, head, special projects, said, “It was a pleasure to welcome Anthony Joshua to the SVO technical centre and we are pleased to name him among our clients. He is extremely popular among our employees and we wish him well this weekend.
The performance and features of the Range Rover SVAutobiography-Dynamic espouse the attributes of an elite athlete like Anthony Joshua: distinctive style, powerful at heart and a jaw-dropping combination of performance and capability”.